Frequently Asked Questions

We know that there is a lot to consider when renting your student property. We’ve tried to answer all we can below, but if you have any questions, please just get in touch.

How do I go about renting a house or room?

Use our easy home finder online, or email us with your requirements at and we’ll do the searching for you.

When should I start looking for my accommodation?

In Lancaster, supply outstrips demand, so we would advise you to start looking around October for the following autumn. Much of the best accommodation is gone by January so don’t miss out!

What is the best area for access to Lancaster University?

There are bus routes all over Lancaster, so anywhere within the city centre will be convenient for both your studies and your social life.

How much deposit do I need?

The deposit on all our properties is £200.

Is my deposit safe?

Yes, we provide a deposit guarantee scheme to ensure you get your money back at the end of the tenancy (assuming your property is left in good order).

What is a guarantor?

A guarantor is someone who agrees to be legally responsible for your property, its condition, and any money owed for rent. This will usually be your parents or guardians.

What is included in my rent?

The rent on most of our properties includes basic bills, such as gas, electricity and water. It may also include broadband internet (check your tenancy agreement for details).

When do I pay my rent?

Our services run in line with the term times of Lancaster and Cumbria university, rent is to be paid termly. In addition to an initial payment to be paid at the move in date, where it is deducted from the overall rent

What if my student finance arrives after my tenancy starts?

Don’t worry; we understand how student finance works and we arrange our rent payment terms to suit.

How long are the tenancy agreements?

Most tenancy agreements are for around 50 weeks so you don’t have to wait until the first week of term and there’s no pressure to move out as soon as the academic year ends. If you need a different length of tenancy, just ask; we can usually accommodate your requirements.

Can I live in the property over the summer?

Yes, as long as you have agreed this with us and it is reflected in your tenancy agreement.

When can we move in?

You can move in as soon as you have signed your agreement and paid you deposit. Remember, we won’t expect any rent until your student finance lands.

Can I share a room with a friend or partner?

Yes, but only if the room is designed to accommodate two people. Your shared tenancy will be reflected in the price.

Can I have a pet at the property?

Unfortunately, most properties do not allow pets unless their description specifically states otherwise.

Who do I contact in an emergency?

During office hours, you can call us directly on 01524 587327. Outside of office hours, you can call our emergency number on +44 785 2754 809.

What about non-urgent repairs?

You can report any other issues via our website and we will deal with them as promptly as possible. If you prefer, you can call us on the office number above.

Why do you carry out inspections?

We have a duty to our landlords to ensure that their properties are well maintained. We also like to keep in touch with our tenants to make sure you are not having any problems with your accommodation. We’ll always give you plenty of notice so you can tidy up!

Should I report accidental damage?

We appreciate that accidents happen, but we can only fix the damage if you tell us about it. We use our own in-house team to keep down the cost of repairs.

What is the followed procedure for complaints?

If you have a compliant, please put it in writing, including as much detail as possible. for more details on the followed procedure click at the button below.

click here